Why so many people fail to lose weight permanently?

Why so many people fail to lose weight permanently?

The struggle of many people to lose weight is hard and even harder to remain thin. The giving up occurs very easily, especially when the saying “you have to assume yourself as you are” is taken in consideration. A very short step to assume and definitely hide yourself from the real reason of obesity. Studies show that only 2% of the worldwide obesity are due to hormonal problems. The remaining 98% occur by energy imbalance. Translating, ingesting more energy than spending is fattening. It sounds simple doesn’t it? So it’s only a matter of balance!

But the causes of this imbalance may be more complex. Usually the increased intake is related to changes in emotional/psychological state. Anxiety, sadness, melancholy, low self-esteem, rejection and loneliness can be determining factors for the increase in food intake and logically food that gives pleasure. The new diets have temporary effect because the need for satisfaction is higher and then obesity settles again.

Thus, the search for professional help is essential to achieve a healthy way of dealing with food. In this respect the coaching can be the solution. Do you know how this works?

X